Position Vacant: Administrator
The Goward House Society, which operates a senior activity centre, is seeking a full-time Administrator to manage Goward House. Our current Administrator is retiring after 10 years and her hard work has been crucial to the success of the Goward House Senior Activity Centre, its rograms, and events. She has left the centre in good shape and with her departure, the Goward House Society is looking for her replacement.
Goward House is located in a picturesque heritage house, nestled among trees and gardens on a 6 acre property in Cadboro Bay. The Society is seeking a leader with exceptional skills that fosters and support the existing feeling in the Centre as a place of warmth and welcome.
As a leader and organizer with a wide range of experience working with staff and volunteers, organizations, governments and funding agencies, our new administrator should have a knowledge of non-profit management, programming, membership and communications in the Victoria region. A strong capacity in Financial Management is important. The Administrator is a knowledgeable and resourceful employee who is responsible for the day to day operations of the organization under the general direction and guidance of a voluntary Board of Directors. The Administrator supervises other employees, contractors and our many fabulous volunteers.
This position reports to the Board of Directors and performs duties relating to the Goward House social, cultural and recreational programs in the following categories:
- Attend Board Meetings/prepare agendas, financial statements and other related material
- Prepare monthly Report from Administrator
- Provide Accounting information to Treasurer
- Implement Board rulings and maintain Policy & Procedures Manual
- Record and track all charitable donations and issue appropriate receipts
- Assist with preparation of house policies and procedures
- Prepare all materials required for Annual General Meeting held on 3 rd Thursday in March
- Prepare all forms for WCB payments, GST rebate, tax exemption, BC Societies License, Insurance renewal, Charitable Society Renewal
- Prepare all grant applications for BC Gaming Grant, Saanich Operating Grant, New Horizons Senior Programs Grant, Thrifty Foods Grant
- Coordinate all in-house courses,
- Coordinate “in-house” clubs and maintaining memberships
- Schedule social lecturers, social events, movies, and other activities as determined by the members
- Oversee all fundraising activities, ensuring all supplies and volunteers are in place
Maintenance of Facility
- Schedule all contractors for regular maintenance
- Work with Municipality of Saanich for all major repairs
- Deal with emergent issues and schedule repairs as needed
- Maintain and manage all rental contracts and calendars
- Handle Payments
- Schedule Set up time for decorations, bartender, musicians, and catering
- Research and report on industry rental rates change and submit any recommended changes in rental rates and/or rules to the Board for their approval
- Scheduling janitorial and custodial personal for regular house cleaning and rental function support
- Provide training related to security, fire alarms & safety, lighting and rental procedures
- Work with Board of Directors on policy changes regarding Rental Contract terms
4. Necessary skills and ability
- A good leader and multi-tasker with experience working with seniors and volunteers.
- A good communicator both orally and in writing.
- A strategic thinker, who is able to synthesize and filter information efficiently and make sound decisions in a fast paced environment.
5. Staff and Volunteer Management
- Nurture a positive, team-focused work environment for all staff and volunteers
- Manage and evaluate staff
- Manage all day to day operations of Goward House
7. Financial Management
- knowledge of Simply Accounting or similar financial system essential – preparation of all banking transactions, accounts payable, receivable and payroll
- The position is full time /flexible start date – Please send a letter of interest, outlining salary expectations, resume, and three references to: email@example.com no later than March 22, 2019.